OTF's London Office is looking for a Junior Acquisitions Executive
We are looking for an enthusiastic, forward thinking, outgoing Junior Acquisitions Executive to join our London Office.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years experience working in a similar role, looking to progress in a fast paced, television distribution environment.
Experience and Skills:
- A strong interest in the international television distribution industry & a keen desire to progress within this field.
- Has a good understanding of the factual television landscape, having worked in the television industry before
- Exceptional communication & organisational skills
- Flexibility to take on additional tasks quickly and effectively
- Willingness to learn
- Has some experience assisting or handling client relationships (ideally with international production companies)
- Shows a basic understanding of the acquisitions/sales workflow
- Strong Microsoft office and data input skills
- Positive and ambitious work ethic
- Outgoing and socially motivated individual
- Has previous experience critically evaluating programmes for the international marketplace (ideally within the factual landscape, although not a requirement)
- Entering programme information into OTF’s rights database system
- Critically evaluating programmes for the international marketplace
- Running and editing submissions reports
- Sending out producer sales reports
- Assisting to acquire content for a new confidential VOD platform
- Researching new production companies
- Participating in producer meetings with the Head of Acquisitions
- Staying on top of industry press to identify new trends and opportunities
- Managing diaries and travel in preparation for television markets
- Account handling certain producers upon guidance and approval from the Head of Acquisitions – dependent upon experience
Full Time Position based in our London Victoria Office
Please send your cover letter detailing why you have chosen to apply for this position and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th April 2020.